Easy to assemble kit includes everything needed to build a 3 or 4 string license plate guitar, using your favorite 6x12 inch license plate.
- Reinforced Sapele body specifically made for license plate builds. The body is reinforced and machined with necessary mounting holes for adding components.
- Kit includes Super Neck. See here.
- Lucky 13 pickup with harness ready to install. Pickup has double sided tape and can be mounted on the back of the license plate near the neck.
- Hardware includes tuners, strings, stainless steel tailpiece, knobs, strap pins and screws.
- An oak bridge that may need to modified to fit around the letters to obtain the preferred action height.
Assembly is easy:
- Mount harness/jack assembly to box. Feed black ground wire through small hole where tail piece mounts.
- Affix pickup to back side of plate.
- Install tuners on headstock, use a small amount of super glue to secure the Rosewood string spacer on at the end of the fretboard just beyond the zero fret.
- Mount neck on the body using reinforcement plate and hardware.
- Mount plate to box using screws and finish washers.
- Install the tailpiece.
- Install strings and only tighten lightly.